Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nap time for 6th grade? Maybe that's not such a bad idea


The deadline for book orders has been extended through tomorrow.

It was good to be back today.  We were all a little tired and one student even said he wished we could have nap time in 6th grade.  I thought that was funny, and I knew how he felt.

Since it is a short school week, we will not be having a spelling list this week.  Since my substitute was very difficult to understand, I did not take grades on Friday’s spelling test.  I knew something was wrong when I graded them.  I had way too many bad grades.  When that many don’t do well, it isn’t because they didn’t study!  We did look over the words today, though.  We, then, chose 2 words and found an antonym, found a synonym, wrote the definition, drew a picture, used it in a sentence, and found words using only the letters in the given word. 

In science, the sub also didn’t allow the students to take the assignment home for completion, so after our challenge question and discussion, time was given to work on that. 

I have extended book orders until tomorrow.  Some forgot theirs.

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment