Monday, October 1, 2012

Good to be back!

It was certainly great to be back in the classroom today! It was a great opportunity, but I was glad to be back.

In spelling we took our pre-test and corrected incorrectly spelled words.
We copied our quote for handwriting. Today may be the last day that our handwriting assignment is so short, as some are not doing their best. I told the class that if each does not do his/her best, then I will assume we need much more practice and lengthen our handwriting assignments.

In writer’s workshop we introduced problem. That is what makes a story, a story. We will continue working on that tomorrow.

In science we took core samples from our fossil sandwiches that we made last Tuesday. Ask your child about this activity. In discussing it with each class, I can tell they enjoyed it because they were able to tell me their procedures.

Have a great Monday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment