Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Students begin to work on rounding fractions

It was nice being back. Although, I am still not feeling 100% like myself, I do feel better.

In math we started chapter 5, which begins with rounding fractions. We discussed what we already know about rounding and showed how the same rules could be used in rounding fractions. I gave those who didn’t do well on the chapter 4 test a chance to take another test over the same chapter. Some chose to keep original grade.

In spelling we continued with lesson 9 words in Wordskills. We did pages 112-115. It sounds like a lot, but two of the pages had a story that had to be read.
In language we showed how to ignore prepositional phrases between subjects and verbs so that we could still pick out the correct verb.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving break with your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment