Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Students work with proper and improper fractions


Today in math we worked with proper and improper fractions.  Ask your child about our index card activity that we did to introduce this lesson.  After working with both type of fractions, I asked the students to tell me what they thought a good definition of each would be, and they were able to give me the equivalent of the definition in our book.  This is a great skill and shows they knew how the fractions work.

We combined our spelling and language assignment.  We took sentences written yesterday with our spelling words and the children wrote correct by each number if the word was used correctly.  If it wasn’t correct, then they had to write a new sentence using it correctly.

I don’t know about all of you but this past weekend reminded me of songs like, “I Feel the Earth Move Under my Feet” and "A Whole Lotta Shakin’ Going On.”  I hope you haven’t suffered any damage due to our earthquakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment