Monday, December 5, 2011

6th graders work with adding fractions

We checked our Friday’s math today, and they seemed to think they have adding and subtracting fractions with the same denominators under control. Tomorrow we will try it with unlike denominators!

In spelling I have changed things up a bit. Just as when a person buys a pair of shoes, he/she looks for a pair that is a perfect fit. That is how I choose to do my spelling, as well. The spelling we switched to fit some perfectly, and others not so much. So from now on there will be two different lists. If I see the need I will add another list. Your child knows which one he/she is on.

In language we discussed reflexive pronouns, as well as worked with some confusing ones.

We are having a toy drive for the less fortunate. It was announced in Rise ‘n Shine this morning. Your child will receive 5 tickets for bringing a toy for the drive.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment