Friday, January 6, 2012

Math problems can create headaches for parents, too -- so feel free to call


I forgot to welcome our new student, Lena, in yesterday’s blog. We are glad to have her!

In math we took another day to go over the ratio tables. These are a little difficult, and when you combine a word problem with them, they create headaches for all! We checked yesterday’s and assigned Skills workbook page 49 for Monday. There are only 5 problems on this page. Feel free to call if you need help. If I weren’t teaching this stuff, I would be lost. I remember when I taught 3rd grade and my own children would come home with 6th grade math homework I had to call in some life lines. But I have survived 6th grade as a parent three times now.

During language and spelling today we wrote our new year’s resolutions and read silently.

Tonight I am on my way to Science Museum Oklahoma, where I work part time as a science instructor.  I'll be doing hands-on science workshops on the scientific method.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment