Thursday, February 16, 2012

Math and measurement, plus new Valentine poems

In math we checked over yesterday’s work.  What caused  some people trouble were measurements that weren’t given on the chart.  So we went over how to put them into different measurements again.  Our assignment is skills page 63-64, evens only.

In spelling today we played the suffix/prefix games we played.

In language we wrote. Since we are working on argumentative writings, we took a situation that happened at my former school in Enid, and everyone was assigned to write a piece in support of the school or in support of the mother.  I am eager to read these.

As promised, here are some more poems.  I have been very impressed!

Dear Valentine
I hope you are mine,
You really do shine,
I loved you with all my heart
From the very start.
I hope you know our love does show.

Valentine’s Day

A day to show love
A day not to fight
But to care for eat other.

New Poem:

Valentine’s Day is like the blue in the sky.
It’s fun like being with family.
It’s like playing in the leaves in the fall.
But, it’s so much more,
It’s Valentine’s Day.

New Poem:

Be my Valentine
You make my world really shine
Be my Valentine.

Valentine’s Day

Valentine’s Day is a day to love,
A day to care.

For people to get candy to share.
Valentine’s floating in the air.

On Valentine’s Day, love is everywhere!


Have a great extended weekend with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment