Thursday, February 9, 2012

School pictures are tomorrow

In math we used estimation to figure percentages.  Now today was a bit confusing at first, as we were not able to use our normal rounding/estimating rules in today’s lesson.  I do believe, however, that we understood what to do.  We talked again about numbers being compatible.  This made solving the problems much easier.

In spelling both groups played Sparkle.

In language we had to write from another person’s voice.  The example I used was:

I always read whenever I could.  I was always honest.  I was so tall and skinny. I was a lawyer at one time.  I always felt the need to help those that needed it.  Sometimes it wasn’t easy to fight for what I felt was right.  One of my sons died and I was sad.  I just wish I hadn’t gone to the theatre that night. 

Tomorrow is picture day.  We will take class pictures during the day.  We will take an all 6th grade picture at 3, and we have been asked to wear our Broadmoore shirts for this photo if we have one.  Individual pictures will be taken before or after school hours.

Have a great Thursday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment