Thursday, August 16, 2012

An open letter to sixth grade parents


Dear Parents:

This is the first of  daily updates you will receive this year. 

Our first day was a success.  We reviewed procedures and got to know each other.  One of the activities we did was called “2 Truths and a lie.”  Each student wrote 2 things that were true about him/herself and 1 that wasn’t.  Students then guessed which statement was the lie.  This was fun.

We also filled in blanks about favorites and I am putting them in a box that we will open in May.  I think the kids will be amazed at how they answered today.

We played 6th grade bingo. 

As you saw, dismissal procedures are a little different this year.  We will all leave from the 6th grade hall.  Car riders will dismiss on side of the basketball court and bus riders will dismiss on the school’s side.

I can already see we are going to need another composition notebook.  Please send another one with your child at your earliest convenience.  I am going to check around and see if I can find a good buy so I can have extras.

If your child hasn’t returned the mound of paperwork, please make sure he or she does that by tomorrow.

Let me take this moment to thank you for allowing me to work with your child this year.  I know your child is your most prized possession and I promise to take good care of him/her. 

Ms. Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment