Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Students illustrating poem


Today we did some practice assignments with our spelling words.  Many didn’t finish but they were allowed to take them home. 

Ken Nesbitt writes funny
poems kids love
I receive a daily poem from a website of Kenn Nesbitt’s.  He writes poems for children and they are so funny.  Today’s poem was “Today I had a Rotten Day” and I made a copy for each student.  Their assignment is to illustrate the poem so that if the illustration and poem were split I could match the poem to the picture easily.

In science we had a safety presentation on the Smart Board.  We started filling in a study guide for safety quiz which we will be taking.  I don’t have the exact date, but will let you know ahead of time.  We also added to our science notebook.  Today we added a flow chart of the scientific method. 

The start has been a very good one and I appreciate your help at home.  Please don’t hesitate to call if you have questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment